antonakis

Nightgate Inn

A blog about fantasy and science-fiction books, new and old, popular and obscure. Stay a while and listen...

The Books of Skyrim
Nate Ellis, Matt Daniels, William Shen, Alan Nanes, Shane Liesegang, Jon Paul Duvall, Brian Chapin

Waste Land

Waste Land - Michael  McClung Another very good [free] science fiction short story by Michael McClung. The plot has a very interesting start and premise though I have to admit I felt rather lost towards the end. The characters were realistic and believable if a little underdeveloped which is understandable for such a short piece of fiction. Still, as I mentioned in a previous review of one of his works, McClung's strong point is his prose which is perfect for my reading preferences. His style is smooth, clean and fast while being dense enough to give exactly the right amount of information per sentence. And it's beautiful too! I would not hesitate to read anything from McClung and I will surely check his other works. Since he has several short stories for free, I suggest you do the same.